Three meals per day:
- Breakfast – buffet style and is served from 7 to 8 am. Residents may come down at any time between those hours.
- Dinner – Served at 12 noon and is our larger meal of the day.
- Supper – Served at 5 pm and is a lighter meal that always includes 2 choices of soup.
- Coffee, tea, hot water and three types of cookies are always available from 7 am to 9 pm in the dining room at our coffee counter for our residents and their guests.
We do not want our residents to go hungry, so in the centre of our home we have an ‘activity kitchen‘ area. We find that a number of residents may not come down for a meal or may get hungry during the day, so we have food available for them 24 hours a day.
In our kitchen we have two fridges, microwave and a kettle.
- One we keep stocked with food and beverages that the residents can help themselves to at any time.
- The other fridge is for residents that have their food or beverage that they would like to keep in a fridge or freezer. We ask the residents to put their name on everything so that it is not taken by mistake.
Fresh fruit and yogurt are available any time and residents only need to come to the dining room kitchen and ask a staff person for them.
Family and friends are welcome to bring in their own food they wish to share with the resident they are visiting and enjoy our activity kitchen area.
- Once every two weeks we do housekeeping of your room.
- Every second week we wash your bed linen and towels.
- Once a year we do a ‘spring cleaning’ and we remove most of your furniture so that we can do a thorough cleaning.
- No cost washer and dryers are available for all residents. They are located in the centre area of our residence.
- Laundry room is open from 7 am to 9 pm.